Monday, June 12, 2017

Components Of An Informed Consent Before Performing Any Procedure



All of the following are part of the informed consent process EXCEPT:
A. Alternatives and likely consequences of the alternatives to the procedure
B. Ascertainment of understanding by the patient
C. Discussion of the details of the procedure
D. Outlining the patient’s wishes if he or she becomes unable to make decisions
E. Risks and benefits of the procedure

Answer:
D. Outlining the patient’s wishes if he or she becomes unable to make decisions

Discussion: Before performing any procedure, a physician has the ethical duty to discuss the details of the procedure with the patient and ensuring that he or she understands before proceeding.

This process includes

  • ensuring that the patient has the mental capacity to provide consent, 
  • outlining the risks and benefits of the procedure, and 
  • discussing alternatives and potential consequences of these alternatives. 

Informed consent does not require that a patient outline his or her wishes if he or she becomes incompetent to make decisions. This is accomplished in an advanced directive, which can outline the goals of care and also appoint someone to make medical decisions.

2 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. USELU for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. USELU , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr. USELU cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2349019328641) cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    Hepatitis   

    ReplyDelete