Saturday, October 15, 2016

Common Side Effect Of Immunization In A 2 Month Old Baby



A 2 month old baby was brought for routine immunization .What is a common side effect that this baby might have after her immunizations.

A) Fever to 104◦ F.
B) Autism.
C) Diabetes.
D) Erythema at the site of immunization.
E) Symptomatic shedding of virus in her stool.

Answer And Discussion

Correct answer is D Erythema at the site of immunization.

Vaccine side effects, such as low-grade fevers (not to 104◦F as in answer “A”), induration and redness at the site, and fussiness are common. However, they are self-limited.

“B” and “C” are incorrect. Autism and diabetes have not been linked to vaccines in large, well-designed studies.

The hepatitis B vaccine is constructed with genetic engineering in a yeast cell. Thus, one would not shed virus in the stool.
The MMR, oral polio, oral rotavirus, and varicella vaccines are live attenuated vaccines. With these
immunizations, the virus has been weakened but can still replicate and be shed in stool. In an immunocompetent host, this usually is not of clinical significance. Thus, “E” is incorrect.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
    or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931.
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck!

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

    ReplyDelete

  2. Are you in need of a loan?
    Do you want to pay off your bills?
    Do you want to be financially stable?
    All you have to do is to contact us for
    more information on how to get
    started and get the loan you desire.
    This offer is open to all that will be
    able to repay back in due time.
    Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable
    and at interest rate of3% just email us:
    Email us: clemalphafinance@gmail.com
    Call or add us on what's app +44-7424223395

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete