Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Regarding Antiemetic During Migraine Attack ...



You want to prescribe an antiemetic to a 19-year-old female who is having a migraine attack. Which one of the following medications is most likely to precipitate extrapyramidal side-effects?
A. Meptazinol
B. Ondansetron
C. Domperidone
D. Cyclizine
E. Metoclopramide

Answer:
E. Metoclopramide

Discussion: Extrapyramidal side-effects are particularly common in children and young adults.

Migraine: management It should be noted that as a general rule 5-HT receptor agonists are used in the acute treatment of migraine whilst 5-HT receptor antagonists are used in prophylaxis.

NICE produced guidelines in 2012 on the management of headache, including migraines.

Acute treatment 
 first-line: offer combination therapy with an oral triptan and an NSAID, or an oral triptan and paracetamol
 for young people aged 12-17 years consider a nasal triptan in preference to an oral triptan
 if the above measures are not effective or not tolerated offer a non-oral preparation of metoclopramide or prochlorperazine and consider adding a non-oral NSAID or triptan

Prophylaxis
 prophylaxis should be given if patients are experiencing 2 or more attacks per month. Modern treatment is effective in about 60% of patients.
 NICE advise either topiramate or propranolol 'according to the person's preference, comorbidities and risk of adverse events'. Propranolol should be used in preference to topiramate in women of child bearing age as it may be teratogenic and it can reduce the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives
 if these measures fail NICE recommend 'a course of up to 10 sessions of acupuncture over 5-8 weeks' or gabapentin
 NICE recommend: 'Advise people with migraine that riboflavin (400 mg once a day) may be effective in reducing migraine frequency and intensity for some people'
 for women with predictable menstrual migraine treatment NICE recommend either frovatriptan (2.5 mg twice a day) or zolmitriptan (2.5 mg twice or three times a day) as a type of 'mini-prophylaxis'
 pizotifen is no longer recommend. Adverse effects such as weight gain & drowsiness are common

7 comments:

  1. i never believed that their could be any complete cure for fibroid with out going for surgery ,i saw people’s testimony on blog sites how Dr Onokun prepare herbal cure for different king of disease,and with the help of his herb they where able to shrink there fibroid naturally. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually . Right now i want to tell you all that i just give birth to a baby boy last month,and on thin now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any fibroid in my system . Glory be to God for leading me to this great Dr onokun I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no herbal cure for fibroid that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure through his email: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or whats-app: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED FROM HPV WARTS VIRUS
    Dr.Omohan herbal medicine is a good remedy for HPV WARTS , I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HPV WARTS cure and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr.Omohan cure them from HPV WARTS, I decided to contact, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I’m cured by Dr.Omohan herbal medicine, I’m very thankful to Dr.Omohan, reach him on dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com WHATSAPP HIM VIA +2348164816038.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I thank God will continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you are doing in peoples life, I will keep on writing and posting testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Gloria I was a HPV patient, I saw a blog on how Dr. Afrid cured someone, I contacted him and also got my healing, kindly email him now on drafridherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2349057260738 God we bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got married to my lovely husband for the past 7 years without conceiving and fibroid was the issue, i took different prescribed medication but could not cure it but my husband was so confident in me and kept encouraging me that one day someone would call me mother, we did not rest searching for solution from different Doctors all they could say was surgery and i was afraid of that then a friend in my office introduced me to Dr.onokun who sent his product to me which i took and it really worked perfectly, and my Doc. confirmed me pregnant after 2 weeks of taken his product. You can contact him on email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or whats-app: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from fibroid, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered from fibroid for more than 20 year of marriage after our first son and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she had irregular and painful menstrual flow and the size of it was 5cm, and she always complain of stomach pain. we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and she left the contact of the doctor who had the natural cure to fibroid. I never imagined fibroid has a natural cure if not surgery not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it as instructed by Dr Godstime, and in one months time we went to the hospital for scan and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of fibroid and now she is fully okay, even up till this moment she is so full of life. fibroid has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on: Drgodstimehealinghome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349063469910 on how to get his medication.  

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless Dr. USELU for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. USELU , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr. USELU cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2349019328641) cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    Hepatitis   

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing testimony on how i conceive and also get cure from my fibroid permanently with his natural herbs , i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Dr Onokun has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Dr Onokun, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Dr Onokun for your own testimony on: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com Or WhatsApp: +2349064844957  

    ReplyDelete