Sunday, February 5, 2017

Regarding Dermatomes.....



A 55-year-old woman complains of neck and right arm pain for the past two months. The pain is often triggered by flexing her neck. Her past medical history includes osteoarthritis of her knee, obesity and depression.
On examination there is no obvious muscle atrophy or weakness of the right arm. There is however some sensory loss over the middle finger and palm of the hand.
Which nerve root is most likely to be affected by the impingement?
A. C4
B. C5
C. C6
D. C7
E. C8

Answer:
D. C7

Discussion:
Dermatomes:
Below is a list of  the major dermatome landmarks:

C2 :               Posterior half of the skull (cap)
C3 :               High turtleneck shirt
C4 :               Low-collar shirt
C5, C6 :        Thumb + index finger (Make a 6 with your left hand by touching the tip of the thumb &                      index finger together - C6)
C7  :              Middle finger + palm of hand
C8 :               Ring + little finger
T4 :               Nipples (T4 at the Teat Pore)
T5 :               Inframammary fold
T7  :              Xiphoid process
T10 :             Umbilicus  9BellybuT-TEN )
L1 :               Inguinal ligament  (L for ligament, 1 for 1nguinal)
L4 :               Knee caps ( Down on aLL fours - L4)
L5 :               Big toe, dorsum of foot (except lateral aspect) ( L5 = Largest of the 5 toes)
S1 :                Lateral foot, small toe (S1 = the smallest one )
S2, S3 :         Genitalia


4 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. USELU for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. USELU , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr. USELU cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2349019328641) cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    Hepatitis   

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's laa! 9 months ago my doctor told me I was diagnosed with herpes. I was heart broken, However that same month i found a Dr. who helped me to cured the virus with natural herbal treatment permanently. thanks to Dr. omohan for his natural herbal treatment that eliminated this virus out in my body forever. his contact information for any incurable virus via; dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com or whatsapp him or call him through his phone number +2348164816038.   https://www.fb.com/dromohanherbalmedicin                                                                                             1 cancer cure
    2 diabetes cure
    3 ringing ear
    4 herpes cure
    5 warts cure
    6 HPV cure
    7 Hiv
    8 get your ex back
    9 pregnancy herbal medicine
    10 prostate enlargement
    11 Hepatitis B    

    ReplyDelete
  3. After four or five years of experience, medical assistants should expect to reach the highest pay rate in the city or town they work in. They might be able to increase their earnings if they become certified in different areas. fruit juice for diabetic patients

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello views, I am so excited to share this wonderful story here .

    I was diagnosed with herpes virus and I was told there was no cure except medication that can control it, I totally lost hope, all I could think was losing my life because I was so depressed and confused about the whole situation , few weeks ago I read about Dr Oso online how he cured someone from cancer which was guaranteed, but i never still believe on it but i decided to give a try on him so I ordered the medicine after using it for few days i started experiencing changes all over me so i waited until i finish using the medication, so after everything I went for blood test to confirm if i am really healed from this virus to my greatest surprise it came out negative i jump up and shattered oh my goodness what a wonderful miracle i never believed in . I am so excited to share my testimony. Thank you so much Dr Oso . You are a great man. I must tell everyone I know who has any kind of disease or virus. you can also email him on via drosohaberhome@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2348162084839

    you can check on Dr oso site : https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/

    you can also contact me for more info about Dr Oso faceynancy1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete